ANC & NaturePlex
ANC & NaturePlex
Thursday Night Events | Discovery Hall | What's Playing in the Theater | Rental Information | Calendar | FAQs | View Trail Map (pdf)
The NaturePlex is a 23,000 square foot heated and cooled structural facility designed to fit into the natural surroundings, ensuring the beauty of the Lanark property is not compromised. It serves as the official and permanent Welcome and Education Center of the Alabama Nature Center and fulfills the final structural element of the AWF Board’s vision for a world-class outdoor education center in Alabama.
The NaturePlex is open 6 days/week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alabama Nature Center Members are able to come out on Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. through their personal card access.
The NaturePlex is an empowering addition to our Alabama Nature Center facility and allows us to reach additional youth and adults with the conservation education message. The facility specifically allows us to:
- Insure program delivery regardless of weather conditions - hot or cold, rain or shine
- Increase the number of youth and school groups attendees we can host on a daily basis
- Evolve from a scheduled activity/appointment only system to also allow program options without appointment
- Expand dramatically our general public program offerings from once a month to daily
- Broaden outdoor-themed program options to include outdoor setting, indoor setting, or combo setting options to best meet age group, physical ability, time limitation, or other customer needs/desires
The NaturePlex includes:
- Theater/Auditorium: A 120-seat theater/ auditorium equipped with up to date technology.
- Hands-On Discovery Hall: Interactive and visual nature displays.
- Classroom with Lab: Fully equipped classroom will accommodate up to 60 students.
- Community Room: Space to be used as a second classroom, traveling exhibits, meetings and events.
- Gift Shop: Outdoor merchandise will be available to guests.
- Offices: Provide work areas for Alabama Nature Center staff.